Animals as checked in baggage
This facility is given to passengers that want to transport small domestic animals, considered pets such as dogs and cats, space can be provided in the cargo compartment depending on availability. These animals will not be included in the free baggage allowance per passenger, so it 's transportation will cost.
Animals traveling as checked baggage transportation requirements:
- Live animals accepted as checked in baggage, must travel on the same aircraft as their owner.
- Live animals accepted as checked in baggage, must have received some water and a small meal within the two previous hours before documentation.
- Dogs and cats with short snub nose (brachycephalic, very narrow nostrils) are susceptible to choking and breathing problems when exposed to stress or heat. The company is not responsible for any negative effects that might result from the transport of those animals.
- Passenger must inform about their pet transportation at least 90 minutes before the flight at TAR counter as only 2 dogs and 2 cats are allowed in the cargo compartment per flight.
The passenger should present themself at least two hours prior the departure, with the animal documents.
Pet cages features, for pets as checked in baggage.
- The outside of the container must be of fiberglass or hard plastic only. If the container has wheels, they must be removed. If the wheels are retractable, you must block them with tape.
- It must have exterior door handles that allow the controlling of it to prevent any direct contact with the animal.
- The door should include a locking system to simultaneously close the 2 locking points at the top and bottom of the door. (a) The door hinges must exceed the horizontal edge at the top and bottom of the door of at least 1.6 cm. (b)
- The two parts of the container shall be effectively attached with bolts or plastic ties. The lateral closure systems are strictly prohibited. (c)
- The bottom of the container should be covered with a blanket, newspaper or other absorbent material. Straw use is prohibited.
- It must be cleaned and been designed with the only purpose of serving as an animal container. No cages made by the passenger such as made with wood and wire mesh are allowed.
- The animal must be able to fit comfortably without touching the top of the container and must be capable to move around.
- The animal must not be strapped or muzzled. These accessories should not be left in the container.
- The animal must not show signs of physical fatigue, nor be wounded or under tranquilizers.
We also recommend placing at least one bowl in the container. The bowl must be empty, go attached to the container and be accessible without opening the container.
||CAGE SIZE (LENGTH - WIDTH - HEIGHT)
||MAXIMUM WEIGHT PET - CAGE
||MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PETS PER FLIGHT
DOMESTIC FLIGHTS REQUIREMENTS
For flights through Mexico you have to submit the following documents to transport your pet:
- Certificate or Immunization record.
INTERNATIONAL FLIGHTS REQUIREMENTS
ROUTE: FROM MEXICO TO ABROAD
- Animal health certificate
Vaccination certificate must come from a licensed veterinarian and should include:
- Pet description: breed, age, color, distinguishing marks etc.
- Applying to dogs, date when was vaccinated against rabies.
- The date on which should receive the vaccine again.
- Veterinarian signature.
- We recommend you to consult with the embassy of the country you want to Travel, all requirements for transporting your pet.
- Rabies certificate vaccination must be valid.
- The first time you vaccine to your dog or puppy against rabies must wait 30 days before taking him to the US.
- Dogs 4 months old or younger cannot enter the US.
- Dogs that look sick or have a transmittable disease cannot enter the US.
ROUTE: FROM ABROAD TO MEXICO
- Health certificate issued by a veterinarian is required, maximum validity of 30 days.
- Copy of Certificate of professional veterinarian issuing the health certificate.
- Deworming and vaccination indicating current rabies vaccination (maximum one year for cats older than three months).
- Import Certificate (pending before SAGARPA / SENASICA).
- Health certificate.
- Current rabies vaccine (exempt animals under 3 months old).
- Deworming internal and externally within the previous six months and are free of ectoparasites. (Does not apply to pets whose country of origin is USA)
- If temperature at any points of travel is less than 6º C (20º F) or above 30º C (85º F), animals documented, as baggage will not be accepted. Defined as points of travel are the departure airport, destination airport, and if there are airports of transit or connection.
- Transportation of female pets in a state of pregnancy is prohibited, unless through a certificate form a veterinarian stating that the animal is fit to travel and that there is no risk that the birth occurs during the voyage.
- Transporting lactating females with puppies or kittens and unweaned animals it's not allowed.
- Animals whose characteristics are bothersome or offensive to the passage, employees or that endanger the aircraft will not be accepted.
- Animals that represent a risk to the health and safety of passengers or crew are not accepted, such as: snakes and other reptiles, ferrets, spiders, rodents or animals such as ponies, pigs and monkeys because of their size, dimensions or health restrictions they can not be admitted.
© 2019, TAR Airlines – All rights reserved
Travel throughout Mexico, without going through the #CDMX
Santiago de Querétaro