México Asistencia S.A. DE C.V.
Terms and Conditions
1. Roadside Assistance (towing, tire change, battery service and fuel delivery).
MÉXICOASISTENCIA will coordinate and pay for the following roadside assistance services:
- Local and distance towing: In the event of a vehicle breakdown, the vehicle will be towed to a
mechanic or a dealership of the Holder's choosing.
- Tire change: In the event of a flat tire, a technician will be sent to change the tire with the spare. If the
Beneficiary does not have a spare tire, or if there are more than two flat tires, a tow truck will be sent
to move the vehicle.
- Mechanic Sent for Battery Service: If required by the Beneficiary, a specialized technician will be sent
to jumpstart the battery.
- Fuel delivery: In the event that the vehicle runs out of fuel, gasoline will delivered to the location of
MÉXICOASISTENCIA will pay up to MXN 1,500, and in the event that a services exceeds this amount,
the Holder will assume the extra cost.
2. Concierge Service.
- Definition of User: In the case of natural persons, the User is understood as the
designated person in the database with primary residence in
- Definition of Beneficiary User: Beneficiary User is understood as the User, the Spouse, and the
first-degree older and younger relatives of the User, who live with
and are dependents of the User.
- Policy Term: Set forth in the contract.
|A) Roadside Assistance
||Professional care for the following services:
- Vehicle Tow
- Roadside Aid
- Fuel Delivery
- Tire Change
|B) Reservations for Restaurants, Conferences
||Restaurant reservations and coordination of events, conference centers and meetings
|C) Hotels, lodging
|D) Information and coordination of changes and cancellations for Flights,
Travel Durations and Layovers
||Information on flight schedules for domestic and foreign commercial airlines, check-in times,
layovers and flight durations
|E) Reservations for all types of commercial transportation
||Reservations for any mode of commercial transportation, such as by plane, automobile, train,
cruise line and truck
||Information regarding meteorological conditions
|G) Reservations for cultural and sporting events, concerts, theater
||Information, coordination and reservations
|H) Auto Rentals
||Information and reservations
|I) Gift purchase assistance
||Information and assistance
||Information on the locations and telephone numbers of pharmacies
|K) Public and Emergency Services
||Telephone contacts of public service companies
||Information on the locations of florists and their hours of operation
|M) Financial Services
||Information on exchange rates, and the location and hours of operation of banks and money exchanges
||Information regarding the recommended vaccines for travel destinations
||Information regarding visas or permits required for visiting foreign countries
This service provides medical guidance by phone and medical referrals. This is an unlimited service.
Medical Guidance by Phone: Upon the Holder's request, MÉXICOASISTENCIA will provide the
following guidance regarding medication:
- Adverse effects of medication.
- Side Effects.
- Childcare and mother-infant guidance.
- Recommendations for dietary care and hygiene.
- Advice about drug dependency.
- Consultations to assess different treatment options.
- Assessment of the need for a visit to specialists.
- Connection to emergency medical services.
- First aid guidance.
- Medical referrals to clinics and hospitals: Upon the Holder's request, MÉXICOASISTENCIA will provide
referrals to clinics and hospitals in our medical network.
4. Home medical visit.
The beneficiary will always have the necessary medical help to deal with medical emergencies at a
preferential cost. MÉXICOASISTENCIA will coordinate the arrival of a doctor to the Holder's home by request. The
Holder assumes the cost.
5. Emergency medical expenses caused by accident or illness.
In the event of a serious accident suffered by the Holder during the travel period, MÉXICOASISTENCIA
(will be responsible for the coordination and payment to the transportation provider according to the
type of service) will be responsible for the payment according to the type of transportation, whether
by taxi (round trip) or by ambulance, the cost of hospitalization, surgical interventions, medical fees,
nursing expenses and pharmaceutical products prescribed by the attending doctor until the Holder is
in a stable condition and able to continue the trip, up to the limit set forth in the contracted product.
In the event of an acute and sudden illness suffered by the Holder and occurring during the travel
period, MÉXICOASISTENCIA (will be responsible for the coordination and payment to the
transportation provider according to the type of service) will be responsible for the payment
according to the type of transportation, whether by taxi (round trip) or by ambulance, the cost of
hospitalization, surgical interventions, medical fees, nursing expenses and pharmaceutical products
prescribed by the attending doctor until the Holder in a stable condition and able to continue the trip,
up to the limit set forth in the contracted product.
In the two cases above, the MÉXICOASISTENCIA medical team will maintain continuous contact on
site or by phone with the center and with the medical staff attending the Holder in order to ensure
that proper medical assistance is provided.
The MÉXICOASISTENCIA medical team will determine, when required due to the gravity of the case,
to send a general practitioner for emergency medical care at the location of the Holder, or will
coordinate a medical visit to a hospital, medical center, clinic or office that is capable of providing care
according to the seriousness of the case.
The limit for medical expenses for the services listed in this section is for a maximum of MXN 27,000,
pursuant to the contracted product.
Exclusions for Medical and Hospital Care:
The following cases are expressly excluded from the coverage of expenses for medical care and
- Illnesses from preexisting, congenital and/or chronic conditions, whether they are known or
not by the Holder, as well as the consequences and complications thereof. The existence of
such conditions will be determined by the company's medical department.
- Care given for illnesses or pathological conditions produced by the voluntary consumption of
alcohol, drugs, toxic substances, narcotics or illegally acquired prescription drugs.
- Illnesses, lesions and their consequences or complications as a product of treatment or care
given by professionals who do not pertain to the company's medical team.
- Pregnancy, birth, the complications thereof or voluntary abortion, applicable if the pregnancy
began during the trip as well as before the trip.
- All implants, replacements and/or repair of orthopedic devices, hearing aids, eyeglasses and
- Any type of organ or tissue transplant.
- Mental illnesses, psychiatric disorders, depression, or any other type of mental disorder.
- Medical or hospital care in which medical expenses are applied contrary to the opinion of a
- Routine medical exams or checkups.
- Cosmetic treatments, cosmetic or reconstructive surgery, or weight-loss treatments.
- Rehabilitation or physical therapy treatments that were not caused by an accident covered
during the trip and that was not set forth in the benefits of the contracted product.
- All types of endemic and/or epidemic disease, as well as AIDS, HIV, and sexually transmitted
- High blood pressure and the consequences and derivations thereof, as well as blood pressure
- Infectious diseases such as sleeping sickness, malaria, yellow fever and, in general, any type of
disease, dizziness, fainting, stroke, or epileptic attack.
- Injuries caused by intentional acts, such as harm inflicted against oneself, as well as inciting
third parties to commit harm against the Holder.
- Injuries derived from practicing high-risk sports which are not covered.
- Injuries produced by the direct or indirect participation in demonstrations and/or protests.
- Injuries that result from surgical interventions or medical treatments caused by an accident
not covered by the policy.
- Accidents legally considered as a work or labor accident, as a result of the job's inherent risks
to the Holder.
6. Accidental Death.
Coverage is provided by MAPFRE TEPEYAC, S.A. with policy XXXXXXXXX, which is registered in the
National Insurance and Bonding Commission.
In the event of a death as a result of an unexpected accident suffered by the insured and within 90
days of the accident, MAPFRE TEPEYAC, S.A. will pay the total insured amount to the designated
beneficiaries, or in their absence, to the insured's estate.
Funeral expenses will receive basic coverage in the event that the insured person is less than 12 years
For persons less than 12 years old, expenses directly related to the funeral will be reimbursed up to
the insured amount set forth in the cover page of the policy, which under no circumstances shall be
greater than 60 times the General Minimum Wage in Force in Mexico City, to the person who
confirmed to have paid for said expenses. Original receipts must be submitted to confirm proof of
Accidents NOT covered under this insurance contract include:
- Surgery or medical treatments of accidents as a result of gross negligence by the insured due to
being under the effects of alcohol, drugs, narcotics, or hallucinogens which are not prescribed for
medical use. (Blood alcohol content must be greater than 0.8 grams per liter, or results of a
breathalyzer test must greater than 0.4 milligrams per liter, and in the absence of these tests a clinical
evaluation will determine the level of alcohol intoxication.)
- Non-related treatment expenses include: disposable diapers, hair salon visits, body lotions, creams
and cosmetics, an aide's food expenses, a strongbox, bond payment, candy, parking, floral services,
telephone services, the rental of video equipment or video players, video cassettes, DVDs, television
controls, bookstore expenses, newspapers, restaurant expenses.
- Suicide or any attempt thereof, consciously or unconsciously, regardless of the reason or
circumstance by which it was provoked. Voluntary mutilation, even when committed in a state of
mental derangement or as a result of the voluntary inhalation of any type of gas.
- Death or injuries caused during violence provoked by the insured, such as those suffered during
military, naval or police service or in times of war, revolutions or as a result of any type of atomic or
nuclear risks, popular uprisings, insurrections or rebellions, with the exception of injuries caused by
assault (reported to the Public Prosecutor's Office).
- Injuries suffered as a result of the insured's direct participation in criminal acts.
- Poisonings of any origin or nature (except for those assimilating accidents).
- Surgical interventions or treatments for voluntary induced abortion.
- When the insured travels in air taxis or airplanes that do not pertain to a legally established
commercial airline that is authorized for regular passenger transportation service by the General
Office for Civil Aviation or its equivalent in another country.
- When the insured travels as a pilot, flight mechanic or a member of the flight crew on any type of
airplane that is not a commercial airline.
- When the insured travels inside a racecar or any vehicle used for tests or assessments for vehicle
resistance, security or velocity.
- When the insured travels in motorcycles, motorbikes or other similar motor vehicles as a means for
a job or other professional means.
- The injuries are caused by the practice or professional activity of any sport.
- Prices are given for individuals aged 60 years and under. For individuals greater than 60 years of age,
an additional risk premium is applied as shown below:
Additional Age premium
61 to 65 years 25%
66 to 70 years 50%
7. Localization and Delivery of registered baggage.
MÉXICOASISTENCIA will provide guidance for the Holder in filing complaints for theft or loss of
baggage and personal belongings, assisting in the necessary steps for its localization.
In the event that the registered baggage is recovered, MÉXICOASISTENCIA will send it to the Holder's
planned travel location or to their primary residence.
8. Loss of registered baggage.
If the Holder suffers a total loss of their registered baggage during the transportation in a regular
commercial airline flight, MÉXICOASISTENCIA (will coordinate the payment with the transportation
provider) will pay the Holder according to the contracted product.
In order to proceed with the payment, the Holder must submit the Property Irregularity Report and a
photocopy of the airline ticket.
To claim this benefit it is essential that:
- The baggage was lost during the course of a regular commercial airline flight.
- The baggage has been registered and sent by the airline.
- The airline has acknowledged the loss of the baggage in writing.
- The airline has acknowledged the loss of the baggage in writing. MÉXICOASISTENCIA will issue payment to the
Holder only when the proof of the payment settlement by the airline is provided.
INSTRUCTIONS IN THE EVENT OF LOST BAGGAGE
- As soon as the loss of the baggage is noticed, go to the airline's counter or to the airline
representative in charge inside the baggage claim area.
- Obtain and fill out the Property Irregularity Report, which must be provided by the airline.
- Before leaving the airport, call the Assistance Center by phone to report the lost baggage.
- Inform the Assistance Center your permanent address, the address where you will be staying
for the upcoming days and your following itinerary.
- Verify the General Terms and Conditions of Service that apply to the contracted product.
GENERAL DISPOSITIONS FOR REIMBURSEMENTS
The Holder will have the right to receive up to the maximum amount indicated in their policy for
compensation and/or reimbursement, regardless of the number of events (delays or losses) that may
have incurred during the policy period.
The real value of the lost baggage will not be taken into consideration.
Compensation to the Holder will be additional or complementary to the payment by the airline,
pursuant to the corresponding policy of the contracted product.
- Property Irregularity Report
- Insurance slip
- Copy of airline tickets
- Original receipts of the expenses paid (for the reimbursement [repayment, refund,
replacement, restitution] of expenses incurred due to the delay in localizing the baggage)
- Original proof of receipts of the compensation from the airline (for the compensation of total loss)
- Damage to the baggage and/or the partial or total missing contents thereof will not give cause
for compensation or reimbursement.
- The compensation and/or reimbursements set forth are per person and pursuant to the
- All compensation and/or reimbursements set forth will be paid in the local currency of the
country where the payment will be issued. The exchange rate in force on the date of payment
will be applied.
REQUIREMENTS TO RECEIVE COMPENSATION AND/OR REIMBURSEMENTS
- That the baggage was lost during its transportation in a regular commercial airline flight.
- That the abovementioned baggage had been duly dispatched in the cargo hold of the airplane.
- That the baggage loss had occurred between the time that the baggage was given to authorized
personnel of the airline company to be stowed, until the time when the baggage should have
been returned to the Holder upon the trip's end.
- That the baggage loss had been immediately reported to the airline before leaving the baggage
claim area, and the Holder obtains written proof of the lost baggage by mean of a Property
- That the failure to locate the baggage had been reported by the Holder before leaving the
airport on the date of loss.
- That the airline has taken responsibility for the loss of the baggage and has paid the Holder the
corresponding compensation provided by the airline company. The Holder shall give proof of
the airline's acceptance of responsibility by submitting the supporting documentation.
This service is subject to limitations that vary according to the type of contracted product.
9. Trip Cancellation.
MÉXICOASISTENCIA will return the non-reimbursable amounts paid by the Holder corresponding
to unused travel and/or hotel services, in the event that a trip is cancelled before its start and
exclusively due to an unexpected event that occurred after the purchase of the Travel Plan and
which impedes travel for the scheduled dates, up to the limits set forth for this benefit, and
described as follows:
Death, a serious accident or illness suffered by the Holder and/or their parents and/or spouse
Serious illness is understood as a non-preexisting health alteration that involves hospitalization
and, in the opinion of the Medical Department of the Assistance Center, makes it impossible
for the Holder and/or their parents and/or spouse and/or children to begin the trip on the
planned date of the contracted Travel Plan.
Serious accident is understood as non-intentional damage to the body produced by an
unexpected external cause that involves hospitalization and, in the opinion of the Medical
Department of the Assistance Center, makes it impossible for the Holder and/or their parents
and/or spouse and/or children to begin the trip on the planned date of the contracted Travel
- If the person accompanying the Holder (the companion is understood as the person that
shares the same hotel room or cabin of a cruise ship) and/or their parents and/or spouse
and/or children, and has also contracted a Travel Plan from México Asistencia with the same
conditions as the Holder, is obligated to cancel the trip according to any of the reasons listed
in the above section (a.), and due to this, the Holder would have to travel alone.
- Serious damages to the Holder's primary residence or their work location caused by theft, fire
or flooding that would make them inhabitable or create the risk of greater damages, and
which justify the absolute necessity of the presence of the holder of the contracted Travel
- Summons of the Holder by official governmental bodies.
- Summons of the Holder as party, witness or jury member in court.
- Summons as member of an electoral board.
- Theft of documentation or baggage up to 48 hours before the start of the trip and which
makes travel impossible for the Holder.
- The start of new employment, with a contract, in a company different from the currently held
employment and which does not pertain to the same company group.
- The arrival of a child in adoption.
- Organ transplant of the Holder of their parents, spouse or children.
- An emergency operation on the Holder, their parents, spouse or children.
- An involuntary abortion by which travel is prohibited by medical orders.
To claim this benefit, the traveler must submit the following documents:
- A copy of the document which proves the occurrence of the accident (medical report or
death certificate, an incident report filed by a fire company or law enforcement, etc.). This
document must show the date of the occurrence (hospitalization, death and accident), the
diagnosis or type of damage, the clinical history and the prescribed treatment in each
- Original invoice and/or receipts of payment of the trip and a copy of the travel voucher
- Copy or photocopy of the invoice or voucher of the contracted Travel Plan.
- Original documentation of the cancellation issued by the travel agency or airline.
Specific Exclusions of this benefit, when the cancellation is caused by:
- A cosmetic treatment, recovery, a contraindication for travel or a vaccine, the
impossibility of travelling to certain destinations because of an advised preventive medical
- Epidemics or any other extraordinary natural phenomenon.
- The failure to submit necessary travel documents, for any reason, such as passport, visa,
bills, or vaccination certification.
- Non-urgent dental treatments and treatments for rehabilitation.
- Illnesses in people who are seventy-five years of age and older.
- Illnesses or accidents pre-existing the purchase of the Travel Plan, including new acute
- The free decision not to travel.
- Not subject to official prohibitions of any type.
- Complications during pregnancy.
- And in general, any cause not described in parts a), b), c), d), e), f), g), h), i), j),
k), l) of section 11 of these Terms and Conditions.
In the event of a cause for cancellation listed in parts a), b), c), d), e), f), g), h), i), j),
k), l), of section 11, subsection 1 of these Terms and Conditions, the maximum amount of the compensation will be MXN
Precios / Producto
- Cancelación de viaje hasta por $6,500 pesos.
- Pérdida de Equipaje hasta por $7000 pesos M.N.
- Servicio de Conserje
- Asistencia Vial.
- Orientación médica Telefónica ilimitada.
- Consulta médica a domicilio o ilimitada (con costo preferencial para el cliente.
- Reembolso de Gastos Médicos por Emergencia Enfermedad y/o Accidentes hasta por $27,000 pesos M.N. (Aplican
condiciones del servicio.
- Seguro de Muerte Accidental por $100,000 pesos M.N.
- Las 12 horas antes y las 12 horas posteriores en vuelos sencillos; las 12 horas antes, la estancia y las 12
horas posteriores en vuelo redondo.
- Durante el trayecto al Aeropuerto.
- Durante el vuelo.
- En su estancia en el destino y durante el regreso hasta su domicilio.
- Duración máxima del viaje: 30 días continuos.
PRECIO DE VENTA:
$71.00 pesos (MXN), IVA incluido
Tarifa por persona por trayecto (Vuelo sencillo).
Tarifa en moneda nacional (MXN).
Tarifa incluye IVA.
En Montos se define la cantidad hasta la cual está cubierto cada servicio.
Duración máxima del viaje: 30 días continuos.
Cubre viajes nacionales.
Service provided by